Germantown Friends School seeks a middle/upper school computer science teacher who will actively involve students in the exploration, mastery and application of computer science concepts, programming languages and software tools and in the development of applications and projects that utilize their growing skills and knowledge.
The computer science teacher will work collaboratively with colleagues to further develop and enhance an inquiry and project-based computer science curriculum that addresses topics ranging from computational and design thinking to algorithms and data science. The curriculum will provide students with the opportunity to utilize a variety of programming languages, design software and other software and hardware tools to produce tangible outcomes such as web pages, animations, games, apps and 3D printing and maker fabrication objects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or in a related field with coding and programming experience.
- Ability to teach hands-on programming courses using languages such as Scratch, Alice, Python, C, C++, Java and Java script, Swift
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the use of programming and technology tools to design and produce operational applications
- Experience coding for multiple platforms, including mobile devices, and with Maker Space software and hardware.
- Knowledge of advanced topics in computer science such as algorithms, data structures, data science, game design and computer architecture
This position is for the fall of 2018.
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com