Clubs and Co-Curricular Activities
Germantown Friends School offers an expanded roster of after-school clubs and activities that feature a wide range of fun and enriching activities designed both to engage and excite children—and to reinforce the essential values taught throughout the school day.
GFS is thrilled to offer 30 after-school clubs, including such fun new options as Creative Drama for Kids, offered both on Main Campus and our new Center City location; Animal Kingdom's Superheroes taught by a naturalist from the Riverbend Environmental Education Center; and American Sign Language, offered in conjunction with the Pennsylvania School for the Deaf.
All clubs will begin the week of January 8, and end the week of March 5 (save for a few noted exceptions). Make-up classes will take place during the week of March 12.
Because the three music ensembles (Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra, and World Percussion) are part of the Lower School music curriculum, there is no fee for the instruction.
Although there is no fee for Instrumental Ensembles, we ask that you please enroll your child here once you have received word from Debbie Stahl or Taia Harlos that your child is eligible to participate.
Private Music Lessons at GFS
For more information about private instrumental music lessons, please click here.
Club Grade Levels
Although clubs are designed for particular grade levels, we may be able to accommodate interested students from outside of the designated grades provided space is available and the instructor approves. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We wish for all GFS students to be able to participate in activities and programs offered by the school. Financial assistance is available for qualifying families. If you would like your child to participate and you anticipate needing assistance, please contact Tchet Dorman at email@example.com and Stacey Cromley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, December 14, at 5:45 p.m.: Online registration opens for winter clubs
- Week of January 8: Winter clubs begin
- Tuesday, February 20: ASPire Special Program (No School)
- Saturday, February 24: Philadelphia Area Private School Chess League Match at GFS
- Friday, March 2, 3:15 p.m.: Creative Drama open class (Main Campus)
- Monday, March 5, 3:20 p.m.: Karate I Belt Test Ceremony
- Monday, March 5, 4:05 p.m.: Karate II Belt Test Ceremony
- Tuesday, March 6, 3:30 p.m.: Ballet Performance of Moana
- Tuesday, March 6, 4:30 p.m.: Creative Drama open class (Center City)
- Friday, March 9: ASPire Special Program (No School)
- Monday, March 12, 4:30 p.m.: Performance of Alice in Wonderland