Lower School (1-5)
We welcome you to the Lower School (grades 1-5) Admissions process, and we appreciate your interest in GFS for your child. We are here to help you through the process and happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Parent Interview (and Tour)
- Student Visit to GFS
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation
- Admissions Testing
- Submit Transcript and School Records
- Decision and Enrollment Timeline
Families must submit the application by December 8, 2017, and all steps of the application process must be completed by January 8, 2018 to be considered for first-round review. After submission of the initial application and fee, we work together with families to collect the rest of the required components that complete a file for review.
If you prefer to track your application process online (and conserve resources), please apply online. You will be asked to set up a username and password, which will allow you to complete, edit, and review your application before electronically submitting it to us.
In order to complete a paper application, you may download, complete, and submit a printable copy of our application, along with the requested fee. Or you can request that we send you a paper application in the mail.
After you have submitted your application, please call the Admissions Office to arrange your interview. The parent interview is a chance for you to find out more about GFS and for us to find out about your child. The interview includes a tour of our campus. We ask both parents to come together when possible.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 215-951-2345 to schedule a visit day as soon as you apply because visit days fill up quickly. Student visit days begin in October. All student visits begin at 8 a.m. in the Admissions Office.
Applicants to our Lower School visit GFS in their current grade for a full school day (first grade applicants visit for a half day). Lower School applicants are escorted to the classroom by their parents and an admissions representative.
Our visiting candidates are welcomed enthusiastically by our students and teachers and are expected to participate in classroom activities. Your child should wear comfortable clothes, sneakers, and bring a snack, drink, and lunch for the visit day.
Please give the recommendation form directly to your child’s current teacher(s) and request that it is returned directly to GFS before January 8, 2018. Lower School applicants must submit one (1) teacher recommendation.
The Transcript Release Form should be completed by the parent/guardian and returned to the applicant's current school. The student's official transcript must include Fall 2017 grades. Please have the school send the records directly to GFS before January 8, 2018.
- Families who have completed the application process by January 8, 2018 will be notified in writing of the admission decision by February 1, 2018. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
- By common agreement among most area independent schools, families whose children are accepted by February 1, 2018 have until March 1, 2018 to accept or decline the offer of admission.
- To enroll your child you must return the Enrollment Agreement with a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 per child by March 1, 2018. This is the first payment of the tuition bill. All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company.