Explorer C.I.T. Program (Grades 6-8)
Attention all Middle Schoolers!
The Explorer Counselor-in-Training (C.I.T.) Program is designed for rising Middle School students who love interacting with younger children and are interested in developing skills essential for future success as a full-fledged camp counselor.
If this sounds appealing, Explorer Camp wants you!
GFS Explorer Camp’s Counselor-in-Training program offers C.I.T.s the opportunity to:
- Train to become a future Summertime at GFS counselor
- Drop in on four different mini-courses*... that’s twice as many as Explorer campers!
- Build friendships with campers, counselors, and other C.I.T.s.
- Develop leadership skills while serving as role models for our younger campers
- Partner up to lead weekly workshops
- Work with other C.I.T.s to stage our weekly Explorer Showcase and Ice Cream Fun-dae
Any C.I.T. who successfully completes the program will be given preference for future Explorer Camp counselor positions.
*Explorer C.I.T.s may also opt to dual-enroll in the Week 2 & 3 Rock Garden Intensive with Peter Delaplane.
- Complimentary Early Risers Club (see below)
- Complimentary buffet lunch
- C.I.T. T-shirt
Our Early Risers Breakfast & Activities program begins each morning at 7:45 a.m. in Smith Gym and is complimentary for our C.I.T.s.