Actions for Equity
Bias Incident Reporting
The Bias Incident Reporting Team (BIRT) was established in August, 2020 to develop a clear process for responding to alleged acts of bias towards students.
This process now includes an online form for students, current parents/caregivers, faculty, and staff to share instances of bias against students. The form is available on the Veracross student, family, and employee portals. Upon receipt of a submission, BIRT will review and take the appropriate next steps regarding offending behavior and will notify the submitter of next steps.
Incidents of bias against non-students should be reported to Human Resources.
This process may be updated, as appropriate.
- For emergencies, please call 911.
- To submit a report anonymously, students can visit Safe2SayPA, a youth violence prevention program run by the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. Visit: www.safe2saypa.org.
- GFS School Counseling is available to talk to students or families. Please email:
- Craig Stevens
- Callie Hogan
- Brittany Copeland
- Julie DeLaurentis (Sheldon)
- Any member of the GFS Community can share concerns or questions with the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at email@example.com.