The Database Manager is responsible for overall fundraising data management and support for fundraising efforts in the Advancement Office. Responsibilities include management of all gift entry/processing, acknowledgements, data integrity, reporting and queries. Working with the Director of Development and the Director of Advancement Services, this individual will assist in creating and maintaining fundraising data management protocols. This individual will serve as a welcoming ambassador for GFS and the Advancement Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all annual, matching, campaign, special fund, planned and other gifts including pledges into the fundraising database.
- Process and report gifts to business office in a timely manner.
- Prepare acknowledgments and gift receipts within 24 to 48 hours of gift receipt.
- Development and processing of monthly gift reports.
- Assist Business Office in reconciling fundraising database accounts with general ledger accounts.
- Maintain pledge reminder schedule and process pledge reminders according to due dates.
- Assist in the production of solicitation and acknowledgement letters (query, export, and print mail-merged letters and envelopes).
- Assist in the production of event mailings, record registrations and manage attendee lists.
- Produce mailing labels, nametags, and reports as needed.
- Production of reports for Chief Advancement Officer and the Director of Development to report to School and Finance Committees.
- Production and review of donor lists for Annual Report.
- Reconciliation of credit card and stock accounts.
- Organize and maintain all gift related paperwork.
- Generate analytic database reports.
- Update constituent files as in the fundraising database as needed to maintain high data integrity.
- Complete summer database constituent change-over processes in coordination with the Director of Advancement Services.
- Work to ensure lost and deceased constituent records are coded correctly.
- Distribute death notices to the Development Office and the Head of School.
- Work with the Annual Fund Manager and the Director of Advancement Services to develop, design and produce queries as requested for appeals, mailings, etc.
- Work with Admissions office to import family information.
- With Director of Advancement Services set procedures for and maintain database integrity.
- Receive and welcome visitors to the Advancement Office including meeting, greeting and directing constituents to the appropriate staff person.
- Share phone answering and outgoing mail responsibilities and distribute messages.
- General filing for documents related to fundraising.
- Participate and work with the Advancement team on special programs and events run by the office including but not limited to Alumni Weekend.
This position requires strong attention to detail with exceptional organization and computer skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills to work well in teams and to communicate effectively with the business office.
Education and Experience
Depth of experience with Raisers Edge or Veracross and Microsoft Office products is required. Experience with Import-a-Matic, Citrix, FileZilla, and Crystal Reports preferred. Bachelor's degree desirable.
To apply, please send a resume, letter of interest and three references to:
Ellen Berman, Administrative Assistant
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability or military veteran status. People of color, individuals of the LGBTQ community, members of the Religious Society of Friends and people demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are especially encouraged to apply.