Germantown Friends School is seeking a Grounds Crew Member to assist with the daily care of the school’s athletic fields and grounds on campus.
● Perform daily maintenance on athletic fields and school grounds
● Prepare and setup fields for practices and games
● Layout and line marking of Fields, Field hockey, Lacrosse, Baseball and Softball Fields
● Mowing and edging
● Grounds equipment operation
● Weed control
● Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
● Demonstrate initiative, positive attitude, and dependability
● Have strong interpersonal skills: communication, presentation, negotiation
● Demonstrate strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
● High School Graduate or GED preferred
● Experience and fundamental knowledge of mechanical equipment used (Lawn mower, edger, weed trimmer, tractor mower, vehicle, post hole digger, chain saw, tractor accessories, ladders, dry line maker, paint field striper, snow plow, hand tools and power tools)
● Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect community safety
● Dependable and cooperative
● Ability to work as a team player, and also be able to work independently with minimal supervision
● Must be available to work mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays for snow removal and emergencies
● Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable
Groundskeepers need to be in good physical shape due to the strenuous nature of the job.
● Be able to stand and walk for most of the day.
● Requires physical exertion to manually lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials up to 100 pounds.
● Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching
● Requires climbing and balancing
● Must work indoors and outdoors all year-round
● Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
● Must be able to drive a mechanical vehicle
Expectations for all Employees:
Must successfully complete all state, federal and child abuse clearances.
Letter of interest, salary requirements, resume, and references should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status.