Germantown Friends School is seeking an organized, detail oriented, and efficient individual to serve as Database Manager. This role is responsible for overall fundraising data management and support for fundraising efforts in the Advancement Office. Responsibilities include management of all gift entry/processing, acknowledgements, data integrity, reporting and queries. Working with the Director of Development and the Director of Advancement Services, this individual will assist in creating and maintaining fundraising data management protocols. The successful candidate will ensure that the frontline fundraising team will be provided robust support in order to maximize their efforts. This individual will also serve as a welcoming ambassador for GFS and the Advancement Office.
The Advancement Department works strategically and collaboratively with school leadership, colleagues across campus, and volunteers to raise funds for programmatic, endowment, and capital priorities. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team during a transformational campaign that will pave the way for the next phase of Germantown Friends School’s growth
This position requires an individual who has a strong attention to detail with exceptional organization skills. Excellent computer skills are required. Strong experience with Raisers Edge or Veracross and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Working knowledge of Import-a-Matic, Citrix, FileZilla, and Crystal Reports preferred.
Gift Management and Fundraising Support
· Process all annual, matching, campaign, special fund, planned and other gifts including pledges into the fundraising database
· Manage data entry into the Raiser's Edge NXT database and maintaining accurate information.
· Migrate gifts from Raiser's Edge NXT database to Veracross for reconciliation with the Business Office.
· Generate and track acknowledgment letters within 24-48 hours of gift receipt (query, export, and print mail- merged letters and envelopes)
· Generate and track tribute notifications within 24-48 hours of gift receipt (query, export, and print mail-merged letters and envelopes)
· Complete matching gift forms and protocols.
· Assist in processing and acknowledging stock gifts; maintain a folder with all stock gifts records
· Maintain pledge reminder schedule and process pledge reminders according to due dates
· Assist in the production of event mailings, record registrations and manage attendee lists.
· Produce mailing labels, nametags, and reports as needed.
· Production of reports for Chief Advancement Officer and the Director of Development to report to School and Finance Committees
· Production and review of donor lists for Annual Report
· Reconciliation of credit card and stock accounts
· Organize and maintain all gift related paperwork
· Generate analytic database reports
· Update constituent files as in the fundraising database as needed to maintain high data integrity
· Complete summer database constituent change-over processes in coordination with the Director of Advancement Services.
· Work to ensure lost and deceased constituent records are coded correctly.
· Distribute death notices to the Development Office and the Head of School.
· Work with the Annual Fund Manager and the Director of Advancement Services to develop, design and produce queries as requested for appeals, mailings, etc.
· Work with Admissions office to import family information
· With Director of Advancement Services to set procedures for and maintain database integrity
· Experience in Development preferred.
· Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or a comparable Development database preferred.
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as Google Docs preferred.
· Independent worker and thinker as well as a team player.
· An understanding of and appreciation for independent school education and the mission and Quaker values of Germantown Friends School.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Database Manager” in the subject line.
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.germantownfriends.org.
Germantown Friends School is a Quaker, independent, co-educational day school, serving early childhood‐12th grade. Located in northwest Philadelphia, the school is home to a vibrant intellectual community, located in a historic neighborhood, serving a diverse school community, with a robust educational program that is grounded in Quaker principles. For more information about the school, visit www.germantownfriends.org.
Title IX and Section 504 Notice of Policy
Consistent with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, GFS does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including respecting employees, and is required by Title IX and applicable federal regulations to refrain from such discrimination. In addition, GFS does not discriminate on the basis of disability in matters of admissions, access, employment, services, or in educational programs or activities it operates in violation of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or its implementing regulations. Inquiries or complaints concerning the application of Title IX or Section 504 may be referred to the following:
History Teacher, Assistant General Counsel
Germantown Friends School
31 West Coulter Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144