Germantown Friends School seeks a full-time Café and Snack Bar Associate Manager for the Open Door, our school store, café, and event space. It features a full espresso bar, prepared food offerings, school apparel and gear, school supplies, and books by GFS alumni. The Associate will also work in the Hargroves Snack Bar, which offers hot and iced drinks, prepared foods, snacks, and bottled drinks to faculty, staff, and students
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Foster a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the space and with fellow team members.
- Work to maintain a positive and cooperative workspace.
- Provide excellent customer service in a high-paced work environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and general upkeep to food and health safety standards.
- Field requests, questions, compliments, and complaints.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Be flexible and able to cover shifts in case of coworker sickness or conflicts.
- Extra hours may be available periodically for special events or to cover coworker absences.
- Assist in management of both food service space and maintenance of food-safe environments
- Availability on weekdays and occasional weekends or evenings for special events required
Café and Store:
- Maintain ServSafe Certification and Philadelphia Food Safety Certification.
- Keep display areas stocked and organized with snacks and merchandise.
- Work barista shifts.
- Clean and maintain café and store equipment.
- Food Protection Manager certification required. (GFS will provide access to the classes and test, but candidate must pass.)
- Ability to stand, walk, take stairs for an entire workday.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs from ground to waist level.
- Ability to occasionally push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 lbs (e.g., utilizing a hand-truck).
- Ability to occasionally climb a step-ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or place or remove signs.
- 2 or more years customer service or food service experience
- 1 or more years management or supervisory experience
Expectations for All Employees:
Must successfully complete all state, federal, and child abuse clearances.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact info for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Café and Snack Bar Associate Manager” in the subject line.
Germantown Friends School is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.germantownfriends.org.
Germantown Friends School is a Quaker, independent, co-educational day school, serving early childhood‐12th grade. Located in northwest Philadelphia, the school is home to a vibrant intellectual community, located in a historic neighborhood, serving a diverse school community, with a robust educational program that is grounded in Quaker principles. For more information about the school, visit www.germantownfriends.org.