Germantown Friends School is seeking a full-time admissions associate to lead the Early Childhood admissions process. Specifically, the person should assist with processing preschool applications, scheduling and conducting tours of our Early Childhood division, and initiating outreach and marketing to our prospective Early Childhood families. Additional duties include general assistance with all office operations including phone reception; data entry and tracking of inquiries and applications in our admissions information system; receiving visitors; assisting with marketing and management of our mailings, including emails and US mail; event management support.
We are seeking candidates with prior experiences or background in an independent school setting, in an admissions office, or in early childhood education. Knowledge of Veracross data system, Google Cal and Gmail are a plus. Excellent communication skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up and outreach to preschool inquiries
- Process online applications via Veracross, including tracking, completion, and preparation for committee review
- Schedule tours and playdates for applicants
- Tour visitors through Center City and Main campuses
- Support for recruitment events such as school fairs, Open Houses, and neighborhood coffees
- Assist with marketing email/mailing outreach
- Provide outstanding customer service to prospective and current families, both in person, virtually by email, and on the telephone.
- Assist in the preparation of statistics and status reports of admission funnel progress
- Performs other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying and mailing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned as the needs of this role evolve
Qualified candidates should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Experience with data management, admissions work, or previous independent school experience a plus. Candidates must have excellent writing and communication skills, a gracious phone manner, an outgoing personality, and be highly organized and graceful under pressure. A high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information is also required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with advanced degree preferred
- Relevant employment history in Admissions or customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, self-starter, capable of working independently
- Flexible thinker with a warm, friendly personality
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with school representatives, parents, students, and representatives from the business community
This is a non-exempt, twelve-month position with hours from 8–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday required.
Physical requirements: Frequently lifts objects weighing up to 25 lbs., climb stairs, sit for extended time periods, occasionally stoop or kneel, use hands and arms to grasp of reach for objects.
Letter of interest, resume, and list of three references with contact information should be emailed to Ellen Berman, Administrative Assistant at email@example.com
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply.