GFS is seeking a full-time Facilities Maintenance Supervisor who will be responsible for all maintenance activities, small projects, and daily direction setting, and who will act as the company representative on facility matters. This position is ‘On Call’ for emergencies, which requires a flexible work schedule that may involve a certain amount of nights, weekends, and holiday work.
· Manage a team of 6-7 to ensure the facility, utilities and grounds are maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner.
· Ensure seamless and reliable performance of critical utilities systems including the monitoring of data trends and alarms/notification response.
· Track work order requests and ensures completion within established timelines and quality standards.
· Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget; identify resource needs and submit budget recommendations; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for equipment and monitor budget expenditures.
· Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary; prepare documents for equipment procurement; prepare specifications and contracts for vendor services.
· Supervise facilities staff that installs, inspects, repairs, and maintains building systems, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, including related control systems and snow removal.
· Participate in vehicle maintenance.
· Perform the more technical and complex tasks of facilities maintenance.
· Understanding of the principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation of assigned staff.
· Understanding of construction project management principles which includes drawings, plans, and specifications.
· Ability to operate BAS/DDC control systems effectively.
· Develop and recommend systems and procedures related to assigned operations.
· Knowledge of basic principles and practices of budget preparation.
· Ability to collect and analyze data to identify needs and evaluate program/product effectiveness.
· Make decisions and independent judgments.
· Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
· Possess good people skills.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
· Five years of increasingly responsible facility maintenance or construction experience including lead supervisory experience.
· Minimum two years of college-level course work in business, management, engineering, architecture, facility management, or equivalent work experience or degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Operate office equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Stanley/Best Key Control Software, BAS Honeywell Niagara Software, CMMS/Schooldude Maintenance Direct and Preventive Maintenance.
· Possessing and maintaining an insured motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have the ability to do the following: stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs, climbing ladders and scaffolding over 50 feet, and the ability to lift and carry loads of 50 lbs or more, in addition to:
· Work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
· Operate mechanical equipment and vehicles.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions in both lit and unlit areas. The standard working schedule is Monday-Friday approximately 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. but must have flexibility to work outside of these hours, as maintenance and facilities emergencies arise.
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Facilities Maintenance Supervisor” in the subject line.
Germantown Friends School is a Quaker, independent, co-educational day school, serving early childhood‐12th grade. Located in northwest Philadelphia, the school is home to a vibrant intellectual community, located in a historic neighborhood, serving a diverse school community, with a robust educational program that is grounded in Quaker principles. For more information about the school, visit www.germantownfriends.org.
Germantown Friends School is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status. People demonstrating a commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education are encouraged to apply. For more information about the school, please visit our website at www.germantownfriends.org.