Top GFS Track & Field athletes will compete at the New Balance Nationals Outdoor (NBNO) Meet held at the famed Franklin Field on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania on June 16-19. The athletes qualified based on the composite of performances attained throughout the season. Simon Donovan ‘23 (photo) leads the pack, qualifying for three events.
Congratulations to the following runners and relays who will compete at Nationals:
- Mile: Simon Donovan ‘23 (photo), Anna Macdonald ‘22 (photo)
- Girls Distance Medley Relay: Macdonald, Audrey Ling ‘24, Alayah Campbell ‘25, Katya Henisz
- Boys 4x800 (likely, awaiting confirmation): Shuford Kirk ‘23, Sam Rekulak ‘22, Mason Kresloff ‘25, Donovan
- Boys Sprint Medley (likely, awaiting confirmation): Oliver Briger ‘23, Graham Greene ‘23, Sam Butler ‘22, Donovan
Unrelated to NBNO but noteworthy were members of the Boys and Girls teams who performed well at the Haddonfield Distance Night, at Haddonfield Memorial High School, NJ, on May 31. Highlights include:
- Ling, Campbell, and Jane Kennan ‘25 all ran personal bests in the 800m.
- Charlie Brodkin ‘22 won his heat in the mile and shaved nearly 10 seconds from his personal best to record a 4:46.
- Jiasheng Shi ‘23 and Jasper Furnas ‘25 ran personal bests in the mile.
- GFS had the deepest girl milers with two finishing in the Top 6 overall at the meet (Macdonald and Henisz).
- Donovan finished 4th overall in the 800m (#11 All-Time for GFS).