We support local growers and suppliers in the GFS cafeteria through our partnership with The Common Market. Last year, GFS bought a staggering 8,002 pounds of local food. This directly supports 200 regional family farms, and helps to preserve approximately 10,358 acres of farmland.
In the 2017-18 school year, we're going even farther in our efforts to support local growers and bring fresh food into our community through the establishment of a Farm Share program. Through the Common Market, GFS families will be able to take part in a Winter farm share, picking up their foods onsite at the cafeteria.
If you sign up for your Common Market Farm Share by October 1, you'll receive a $20 discount!
To register, follow the steps below:
1. Visit The Common Market website.
2. Add your Share choices to your cart.
3. Select your payment option: Upfront Payment or Bi-Weekly Payment
4. Choose your Pickup Location. (Choose "Germantown Friends.")
5. Complete the billing information and you're done!