Please join us for our Lower School Halloween Parade on Tuesday, October 31, at 8:30 a.m. in the Loeb Performing Arts Center. We encourage you to take costumes home with you when you leave campus following the parade.
For children whose families do not observe Halloween, there will be an alternate supervised activity planned from 8:15-9:30 a.m. Let your child's classroom teacher know if you would like to take advantage of this option.
Important Information about the Halloween Parade:
- As you and your child plan this year's costume, here are some guidelines to consider in order to avoid insensitive stereotypes: We're A Culture, Not a Costume.
- Please also remember that anything that can be construed as a weapon is not allowed as part of a costume, and to be sensitive to the very young children who participate. Excessive blood or scary or violent masks and make-up are not appropriate.
- Children should come to school that morning in costume and bring with them a change of clothes.
- The spaces between bench rows in the Auditorium are very tight. WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE BULKY COSTUMES because children will simply not be able to sit nor will they be able to move easily onto the stage.
- During the parade, each class will take its turn on stage as we enjoy each other's costumes and general frivolity! Immediately following the event, Lower School students will continue the parade through parts of campus, then return to their classrooms, change into regular clothes, and proceed with the rest of the school day.
- There will be limited parking available on the Pennsbury-Greene Playground for the duration of the event.
- We will have reserved seating on the main floor of the Auditorium for classes. We ask parents to sit in the second floor balcony. We will have some seats available in the back of the Auditorium for those who have difficulty negotiating steps.
We look forward to seeing you on October 31. It should be a scream!