Action through Athletes is partnering with all divisions (including Early Childhood) on a Jump Rope Challenge over winter break to keep students active and create change.
Action through Athletes is partnering with all divisions (including Early Childhood) on a Jump Rope Challenge over winter break to keep students active and create change. Participating students will raise money through jump rope, air jumping, or star jumping. Kindergarten–grade 8 students received jump ropes for PE class and the Athletic Department has jump ropes available for anyone in need (please email email@example.com).
Proceeds will support Action through Athletes' mission and goal of raising $50,000 by the end of the 2021 school year to create a fund for equity through sports. The fund will support non-tuition financial aid and students' paths to success (athletic trips, equipment, camps, clinics, showcases, recruiting visits, club sport fees, attending sports and social justice conferences, and hosting guest speakers). So far ATA has raised over $10,000 during a summer athletic challenge in the Upper School.
Action through Athletes (ATA) is committed to bringing awareness to difficult and wide-ranging injustices in the world through athletics. We strive to create a brighter future through education, fundraising, and advocacy of underrepresented groups, and important issues. ATA believes that because of Germantown Friends School's Quaker roots and the S.P.I.C.E.S., we are called to action and believe that dynamic teamwork is a unique channel for change.
A quick guide:
- Collect sponsors (neighbors, extended family, Tigers friends). A pledge form can be found here.
- Have sponsors choose their donation plan in 1 of 3 ways:
- Donate for participation (flat rate for total jumping experience).
- Donate per minute (for example $0.50 or $1.00 per minute).
- Donate for consecutive days (for example $1.00 per day) or Ultimate Challenge (30 days in a row for $50.00 donation). For example: $0.50 per minute for 5 minutes a day every day, the donation amount is $75.00.
We hope the whole family will join in! Check out the Instagram account @actionthroughathletes and send photos and videos of your child getting into the Tiger Spirit! At the end of the 30-day challenge, ATA will tally and collect donations. To donate now, please click here.