GFS A Cappella is leading a musical fundraising project called WeHarmonizeU, based on Jacob Collier's iHarmU project. The group invites the entire GFS community to participate! Send in a 20-30 second video clip of yourself singing any melody of your choosing. The group will arrange music to your clip, students will record themselves singing it, and then GFS A Cappella will release it.
We are making this project a fundraiser to help those in the GFS community who are experiencing hardship during the pandemic. We are inviting people to make donations to the Annual Fund in any amount to support Germantown Friends School's COVID response for every WeHarmonizeU creation we release. (Our model is similar to one common in races, where people pledge to give to a charity for every mile a runner runs.) Funds raised will support financial aid for families experiencing a change in circumstances caused by the COVID crisis, technology and other support required to fully participate in Colloquia, and professional development costs for teacher training in online instruction.
How to join the effort:
- Send a video clip in vertically-oriented selfie mode to Allen Drew.
- Follow GFS on social media for updates or visit the school's website.
- Join the fundraising effort by doing any of the following:
- Make a one-time gift online (select "other" and write "A Cappella COVID fundraiser" in the Comments field)
- Make a one-time gift via check (make payable to Germantown Friends School and write "A Cappella COVID fundraiser" in the Memo line. Send to Germantown Friends School, Advancement Office, 31 W. Coulter Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144).
- Pledge a gift per project by emailing Amanda Reath in the Advancement Office and pay via one of the options above. Payment on pledges must be made on or before June 30.
Musical projects will be posted as completed and total funds will be announced in the coming months. For any questions about the project, please contact Allen Drew.