We welcome you to the Early Childhood admissions process, and we appreciate your interest in GFS for your child. We are here to help you through the process and happy to answer any questions you may have.
Note: Children must be at least 2 years, 7 months old by September 1, 2020, to enroll for the 2020-21 school year.
- Request Information/Create Admission Portal Account
- Family Tour & Parent Interview
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation for PreK Applicants
- Decision and Enrollment Timeline
First time inquiring about GFS? If you would like more information about GFS, please complete an online inquiry form. This will establish your GFS Admission Portal account, which you can use throughout the application process.
Not sure if you have an account? Visit the portal login page and click the forgot your password link. Type in your email address to check and see if you already have an account. This process will prevent the creation of duplicate accounts. Also, you can access the GFS Admission Portal to track your application status at all times.
For the 2020-21 school year, families must submit the application by December 6, 2019, and all steps of the application process must be completed by January 6, 2020 to be considered for first-round review. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
Once you have inquired and created your Admission Portal account, you will want to use this login page to gain access to a dynamic checklist. The portal checklist is an excellent tool to keep track of where you are in the admissions process. There is a $45 application fee.
If you are applying for a sibling or need to revisit an existing application, click here and use your username and password.
Please call 215-951-2345 to schedule a tour for either Main Campus or our Center City location. We ask both parents to attend when possible. Please indicate campus of interest when scheduling appointments.
- Applicants to Preschool
2 years, 7 months old by September 1, 2020
Born between September 1, 2016 and January 31, 2018
Children accompany their parents on the tour and parent interview.
- Applicants to PreK
4 years old by September 1, 2020
Born between September 1, 2015 and August 31, 2016
Children need not accompany their parents for the tour and interview.
The next step is to arrange a playdate for your child to spend part of a morning participating in classroom activities along with current students. Playdates typically take place in the morning, and should occur after the family tour and parent interview. Families must complete an online previsit form prior to the playdate.
For applicants to PreK, a brief readiness assessment, conducted by the Director of Early Childhood and Kindergarten Admissions, will be a part of the playdate.
Please call the Admissions Office at 215-951-2345 to schedule your playdate.
- Families who have completed the application process by January 6, 2020 will be notified in writing of the admission decision by February 1, 2020. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
- By common agreement among most area independent schools, families whose children are accepted by February 1, 2020 have until March 1, 2020 to accept or decline the offer of admission.
- To enroll your child you must return the Enrollment Agreement with a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 per child by March 1, 2020. This is the first payment of the tuition bill. All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company.
|Full Time* (Five Days)||$18,500|
|Part Time* (Four Days)||$17,000|
*The full and part-time schedule is from 7:45 a.m. to 3 p.m.
|Full Time (Five Days)||$21,500|
|Part Time (Four Days)||$20,000|
|Full Time (Five Days)||$23,650|
EC Extended Day pricing is the same for Main Campus and Center City Location.