We welcome you to the Kindergarten Admissions process, and we appreciate your interest in GFS for your child. We are here to help you through the process and happy to answer any questions you may have.
The December 8, 2017 deadline for submitting Kindergarten applications for first-round review has passed. However, we are still accepting applications to Kindergarten for our second round review. The second round review process will begin after January 19, 2018, and will include a classroom observation in lieu of a Saturday playday at GFS. Please note, it is possible in our second round review that the best possible outcome of a Kindergarten application may be a place in our waitpool. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call.
- Parent Interview (and Tour)
- Kindergarten Playdays
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation
- Readiness Assessment
- Decision and Enrollment Timeline
Families must submit the application by December 8, 2017, and all steps of the application process must be completed by January 8, 2018 to be considered for first-round review. After submitting the application, we will assist in gathering the required additional components to complete the applicant’s file for review.
If you prefer to track your application process online (and conserve resources), please apply online. You will be asked to set up a username and password, which will allow you to complete, edit, and review your application before electronically submitting it to us.
In order to complete a paper application, you may download, complete, and submit a printable copy of our application, along with the requested fee. Or you can request that we send you a paper application in the mail.
Kindergarten applicants must be five years old by September 1, 2018 to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.
After you have submitted your application, please call the Admissions Office to arrange your interview. The parent interview is a chance for you to find out more about GFS and for us to find out about your child. The interview includes a tour of our campus and the Kindergarten classrooms. We ask both parents to come together when possible. Kindergarten sibling applicant parents and parents of children in GFS’s Early Childhood Program are invited to interview over the summer.
The Kindergarten playday takes place on a Saturday morning and lasts an hour and a half. It is a group play for Kindergarten applicants, taught by our Kindergarten teachers, which allows us to observe applicant children in a group setting. The morning includes story time and free play, as well as a snack. While the children are in the Kindergartens, all parents of applicants will come to the Front Hall of the Main Building to hear remarks from Lower School leadership and have their questions about GFS answered.
The dates for the playdays are as follows:
- Saturday, December 2, 2017, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 9, 2017, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 6, 2018, 9-10:30 a.m.
Please park behind the Meetinghouse in the Pennsbury Playground.
Please give the recommendation form directly to your child’s current teacher(s) and request that it is returned directly to GFS before January 8, 2018. Kindergarten applicants must submit one (1) teacher recommendation.
- Families who have completed the application process by January 8, 2018 will be notified in writing of the admission decision by February 1, 2018. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
- By common agreement among most area independent schools, families whose children are accepted by February 1, 2018 have until March 1, 2018 to accept or decline the offer of admission.
- To enroll your child you must return the Enrollment Agreement with a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 per child by March 1, 2018. This is the first payment of the tuition bill. All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company.