We welcome you to the Kindergarten Admissions process, and we appreciate your interest in GFS for your child. We are here to help you through the process and happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Parent Interview (and Tour)
- Kindergarten Playdays
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation
- Readiness Assessment
- Decision and Enrollment Timeline
Families must submit the application by December 7, 2018, and all steps of the application process must be completed by January 7, 2019 to be considered for first-round review. After submitting the application, we will assist in gathering the required additional components to complete the applicant’s file for review.
If you prefer to track your application process online (and conserve resources), please apply online. You will be asked to set up a username and password, which will allow you to complete, edit, and review your application before electronically submitting it to us.
Kindergarten applicants must be five years old by September 1, 2019 to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2019-20 school year.
After you have submitted your application, please call the Admissions Office to arrange your interview. The parent interview is a chance for you to find out more about GFS and for us to find out about your child. The interview includes a tour of our campus and the Kindergarten classrooms. We ask both parents to come together when possible. Kindergarten sibling applicant parents and parents of children in GFS’s Early Childhood Program are invited to interview over the summer.
The Kindergarten playday takes place on a Saturday morning and lasts an hour and a half. It is a group play for Kindergarten applicants, taught by our Kindergarten teachers, which allows us to observe applicant children in a group setting. The morning includes story time and free play, as well as a snack. While the children are in the Kindergartens, all parents of applicants will come to the Front Hall of the Main Building to hear remarks from Lower School leadership and have their questions about GFS answered.
The dates for the playdays are as follows:
- Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Morning Session: 9-10:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Session: 1-2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1, 2018, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 8, 2018, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, January 5, 2019, 9-10:30 a.m.
Please park behind the Meetinghouse in the Pennsbury Playground.
- Families who have completed the application process by January 7, 2019 will be notified in writing of the admission decision by February 1, 2019. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
- By common agreement among most area independent schools, families whose children receive an offer of admission by February 1, 2019 have until March 1, 2019 to accept or decline the offer.
- To enroll your child you must return the Enrollment Contract with a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 per child by March 1. This is the first payment of the tuition bill. All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company.