Lower School (1-5)
We welcome you to the Lower School (grades 1-5) Admissions process, and we appreciate your interest in GFS for your child. We are here to help you through the process and happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Request Information/Create Admission Portal Account
- Parent Interview (and Tour)
- Student Visit to GFS
- Admissions Testing
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation
- Submit Transcript and School Records
- Decision and Enrollment Timeline
First time inquiring about GFS? If you would like more information about GFS, please complete an online inquiry form. This will establish your GFS Admission Portal account, which you can use throughout the application process.
Not sure if you have an account? Visit the portal login page and click the forgot your password link. Type in your email address to check and see if you already have an account. This process will prevent the creation of duplicate accounts. Also, you can access the GFS Admission Portal to track your application status at all times.
For the 2020-21 school year, families must submit the application by December 6, 2019, and all steps of the application process must be completed by January 6, 2020 to be considered for first-round review. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
Once you have inquired and created your Admission Portal account, you will want to use this login page to gain access to a dynamic checklist. The portal checklist is an excellent tool to keep track of where you are in the admissions process. There is a $45 application fee.
If you are applying for a sibling or need to revisit an existing application, click here and use your username and password.
After you have submitted your application, please call the Admissions Office to arrange your interview. The parent interview is a chance for you to find out more about GFS and for us to find out about your child. The interview includes a tour of our campus. We ask both parents to come together when possible.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 215-951-2345 to schedule a visit day as soon as you apply because visit days fill up quickly. Student visit days begin in October. All student visits begin at 8 a.m. in the Admissions Office.
Applicants to our Lower School visit GFS in their current grade for a full school day (first grade applicants visit for a half day). Lower School applicants are escorted to the classroom by their parents and an admissions representative.
Our visiting candidates are welcomed enthusiastically by our students and teachers and are expected to participate in classroom activities. Your child should wear comfortable clothes, sneakers, and bring a snack, drink, and lunch for the visit day.
- Families who have completed the application process by January 6, 2020 will be notified in writing of the admission decision by February 1, 2020. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
- By common agreement among most area independent schools, families whose children are accepted by February 1, 2020 have until March 1, 2020 to accept or decline the offer of admission.
- To enroll your child you must return the Enrollment Agreement with a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 per child by March 1, 2020. This is the first payment of the tuition bill. All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company.