Lower School (1-5)
We welcome you to the Lower School (grades 1-5) Admissions process, and we appreciate your interest in GFS for your child. We are here to help you through the process and happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Parent Interview (and Tour)
- Student Visit to GFS
- Admissions Testing
- Confidential Teacher Recommendation
- Submit Transcript and School Records
- Decision and Enrollment Timeline
Families must submit the application by December 7, 2018, and all steps of the application process must be completed by January 7, 2019 to be considered for first-round review. After submission of the initial application and fee, we work together with families to collect the rest of the required components that complete a file for review.
If you prefer to track your application process online (and conserve resources), please apply online. You will be asked to set up a username and password, which will allow you to complete, edit, and review your application before electronically submitting it to us.
After you have submitted your application, please call the Admissions Office to arrange your interview. The parent interview is a chance for you to find out more about GFS and for us to find out about your child. The interview includes a tour of our campus. We ask both parents to come together when possible.
Please contact the Admissions Office at 215-951-2345 to schedule a visit day as soon as you apply because visit days fill up quickly. Student visit days begin in October. All student visits begin at 8 a.m. in the Admissions Office.
Applicants to our Lower School visit GFS in their current grade for a full school day (first grade applicants visit for a half day). Lower School applicants are escorted to the classroom by their parents and an admissions representative.
Our visiting candidates are welcomed enthusiastically by our students and teachers and are expected to participate in classroom activities. Your child should wear comfortable clothes, sneakers, and bring a snack, drink, and lunch for the visit day.
- Families who have completed the application process by January 7, 2019 will be notified in writing of the admission decision by February 1, 2019. Thereafter, applications are considered on a rolling basis as they become complete.
- By common agreement among most area independent schools, families whose children receive an offer of admission by February 1, 2019 have until March 1, 2019 to accept or decline the offer.
- To enroll your child you must return the Enrollment Contract with a non-refundable deposit of $750.00 per child by March 1. This is the first payment of the tuition bill. All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company.