Community Scholars Program
Since 1965, the award-winning Community Scholars Program (CSP) has enabled GFS to significantly reduce the financial barriers to providing an extraordinary educational experience to talented children from Germantown and our neighboring communities. CSP demonstrates GFS's early and sustained commitment to diversity and work to build a multicultural and inclusive community.
Over the life of the program, 179 Community Scholars have gone on to attend colleges and universities throughout the United States.
We select Community Scholars through the regular admissions and financial aid application processes, awarding grants from the endowed Community Scholars Fund for accepted aid eligible students who meet the following criteria:
- Are in grades 5-8 during the year of application;
- Consistently perform at grade level or above in all subjects, averaging B+ or higher;
- Receive good teacher commendations from current math and English teachers;
- Demonstrate leadership and good character;
- Participate in extracurricular activities;
- Have a household income of $60,000 or below;
- Reside in Germantown (occasionally we have chosen Scholars from other city neighborhoods, but preference is given to those in Germantown.)
To apply, follow the steps for admission to Middle or Upper School detailed under Application Process.