Financial Aid Application Process
Financial aid is only available for families with students who are applying to Kindergarten through grade 12. The deadline for submitting financial aid applications, as well as supporting documents, is January 6, 2020.
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS
- Click on the FAST button icon to begin your application. The application process itself is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program, which allows you to partially complete an application and return to it later.
Before starting the FAST application, we recommend that you review the Downloadable Worksheet and User Guide provided by FAST in order to familiarize yourself with the program. A helpline is available 24 hours a day by calling 1-877-326-FAST (3278).
- Since preliminary financial aid awards will be based on 2019 earnings along with 2018 tax information, parents will need to explain their 2019 earnings in the Letter to School section of the FAST online application.
Please use this section to explain if anticipated 2020 earnings will be greater than, less than, or the same as 2019 earnings, and any other unusual circumstances in your family’s financial situation.
- To complete the online portion of your financial aid application, please pay the $45 application fee. FAST accepts Visa and MasterCard.
- Please gather final 2019 paycheck(s) and W-2s from each employer that show the total income for every financially responsible parent or guardian.
Please follow the instructions on how to scan and upload copies of final 2019 paycheck(s) and W-2s directly to FAST by January 6, 2020.
- All awards offered are contingent upon receipt of final 2019 tax and income information.
Please follow the instructions provided by FAST to scan and upload files digitally or mail signed paper copies of your 2019 Federal and State tax returns, W-2s and accompanying schedules to FAST by April 1, 2020.
GFS will confirm or possibly change your award, based on your 2019 final tax and income information.
All required parent tax and income documentation must be scanned and uploaded digitally, or mailed to the following address:
ISM c/o GERMANTOWN FRIENDS SCHOOL
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
If you mail hard copies, FAST will upload the information to your aid application file, shred the hard copy, and alert us that your documents have been submitted.
PLEASE NOTE: Since tuition billing for 2020-21 will begin in the spring of 2020, it is essential that you meet the April 1 deadline above in order to confirm and credit any aid awarded to your tuition bill. Our financial aid timeline and process cannot accommodate families who file their taxes with the IRS after April 15, 2020.