Tuition & Financial Aid
A GFS education is an important investment in your child’s future. Tuition and activity fees cover the cost of tuition and most grade-wide activities. They do not cover the costs of lunch, non-grade-wide field trips and activities, books and reading materials, sports uniforms and some other small program fees that are particular to certain classes.
Auxiliary programming, including ASPire and after-school clubs, private instrumental music lessons, and private transportation costs are optional and also not included.
Tuition Payment Plans for 2023-2024
GFS offers the following tuition payment plans:
- Single Payment Plan: 100% of tuition due July 31, 2023.
- Two-Payment Plan: 60% of tuition due July 31, 2023, and 40% due January 31, 2024.
- Monthly Payment Plan: Ten monthly installments due the 15th of each month from May 2023 through February 2024. Please note that there is a fee associated with this option. Customized dates may be available on request with the Business Office.
All payment plans will be billed and administered by the FACTS Management Company. If you have questions regarding tuition billing or payments, please contact Jackie Shehan in the Business Office or call 267-323-3301.
Also, for your convenience, FACTS has a 24/7 customer service line available to GFS families at 888-470-6008.
As we seek to make a GFS education accessible and affordable, our financial aid program assists PreK through grade 12 families with tuition costs and activity fees. A robust financial aid budget supports our commitment to a socioeconomically diverse school community. Approximately 33 percent of GFS families receive financial aid. Applying for aid has no bearing on our admissions decisions; no student is denied admission because of financial need.
Germantown Friends School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its financial aid program.
For questions, please contact 215-475-3039 or email email@example.com.
GFS is proud to award more than $8.6 million dollars of financial aid to students in PreK through Grade 12.
- The deadline for submitting the FAST financial aid application, as well as supporting documents, is December 5, 2023, for current families (including those with a newly applying sibling); and December 19, 2023, for new families.
- Financial aid award letters for new and current families are mailed shortly after January 22, 2024.
- Acceptance of the award is indicated by return of the signed enrollment agreement(s) and submission of non-refundable deposit(s) by February 5, 2024, for current families (including those with a newly-accepted sibling); and by February 23, 2024, for new families.
Since 1965, the award-winning Community Scholars Program (CSP) has enabled GFS to significantly reduce the financial barriers to providing an extraordinary educational experience to talented children from Germantown and our neighboring communities.
Scholars are seletced through the regular admissions and financial aid application processes, awarding grants from the endowed Community Scholars Fund for accepted aid eligible students in grades 5-8 during the year of application. To apply, follow the steps for admission to Middle or Upper School.